Saturday, February 27, 2010

Just Another Saturday

So, here I am, home all alone on a Saturday.

Greg and the girls did not go to see his parents yesterday, as the weather was really nasty, but things cleared up today and they went.  They're actually on their way home right now, but I had a few hours to myself.

What did I do?

  1. Swept and mopped the kitchen floor.  Which really wasn't all that bad to begin with, but then I let the girls play with moonsand.  Do you have moonsand?  If so, you know, despite the claims on the infomercial, HOW MESSY MOONSAND IS.  It was everywhere.  But not anymore.
  2. Did laundry.  Took the $4 in quarters that Greg left in his pants.  If I'm doing the laundry, I get the money.
  3. Went to Verizon.  Paid our bill.  Looked at phones and decided what phone I'll be getting the next time I get a new phone.  
  4. Downloaded the software for my scanner (the original software was not compatible with our new computer).  I tried to do it the other day but for some reason (probably because I had two small people running around screaming upstairs) it didn't work.  Worked just fine today.
  5. Wondered why the heck our internet has been so slow.
  6. Logged onto the network at work to finish my goals for my next year's (well, 2010) evaluation.  I've been trying to finish it by Monday (due date), but so have all the other 60,000 employees my company has, so the system was not working very well.  Fortunately, it worked today and I am not late (like I was finishing out my 2009 one).
  7. Thought about breaking open the bag of chips sitting in the pantry.  Decided against it.
  8. Looked at my toenails and laughed, which I let the girls paint this morning.  It was the first time they had ever done it, so they look......well, like someone who didn't know what they were doing did them.  But they make me laugh, so it's OK.
  9. Bought "The Essential Journey" album from iTunes.  Listened to and sang along with "Stone in Love" about 8 times in a row.
  10. Listened to "Paint it Black" by the Rolling Stones, then listened to "Paint it Black" by U2.  Can't decide which one is better.
  11. Read a little bit of my "Photoshop Elements 8 for Photographers" book.  So glad I bought it.  I do not feel so afraid of it now.
  12. Looked at the clock and realized my time alone was going to be over very soon and felt sad and happy all at the same time.
Happy Saturday all!

1 comment:

Michelle Pixie said...

I wish I had your day! I had to go to Costco. :(

Glad to hear you got a moment to yourself to recharge...I think we all need those from time to time. :D

Have A Great Weekend!!