I had a meeting after work today and I didn't get home until 8:30.
I arrived home to chaos, disaster and destruction.
The following list is what I encountered between 8:30 and 8:45:
1. Tiny (could hardly see) red mark on Elizabeth's ankle and hysterical crying. Cause: She had hit her ankle on the door.
2. Lots of dirt on the floor and in all bathroom sinks. Cause: the giant hole the kids dug in the backyard and filled with water and then jumped around in.
3. A wet jumpy dog who smelled. Cause: See #2.
4. Tiny beads on the living room, kitchen and upstairs hallway floors. Cause: a broken necklace the kids were trying to put on the dog. And then it broke.
5. A new fan. Cause: Greg bought a new fan for Elizabeth's nightstand. He thought it was small. I guess the box that's 12" X 18" X 12" was not a clue to the size of the fan inside.
6. Dirty clothes, a chewed up dress-up shoe and a very messed up bed in my bedroom. Cause: The kids dinking around in our bedroom.
7. A very dirty bathtub. Cause: A bath resulting from #2.
8. Loud thumping sounds coming from under my bed. Cause: dog hiding and chewing the top off of a sippy cup filled with milk.....causing milk to leak all over the floor under my bed.
I'm going to go to bed now.