Monday, May 3, 2010

Chaos, Disaster & Destruction

I had a meeting after work today and I didn't get home until 8:30.

I arrived home to chaos, disaster and destruction.

The following list is what I encountered between 8:30 and 8:45:

1.  Tiny (could hardly see) red mark on Elizabeth's ankle and hysterical crying.  Cause:  She had hit her ankle on the door. 
2.  Lots of dirt on the floor and in all bathroom sinks.  Cause:  the giant hole the kids dug in the backyard and filled with water and then jumped around in.
3.  A wet jumpy dog who smelled.  Cause:  See #2.
4.  Tiny beads on the living room, kitchen and upstairs hallway floors.  Cause:  a broken necklace the kids were trying to put on the dog.  And then it broke.
5.  A new fan.  Cause:  Greg bought a new fan for Elizabeth's nightstand.  He thought it was small.  I guess the box that's 12" X 18" X 12" was not a clue to the size of the fan inside.
6.  Dirty clothes, a chewed up dress-up shoe and a very messed up bed in my bedroom.  Cause:  The kids dinking around in our bedroom.
7.  A very dirty bathtub.  Cause:  A bath resulting from #2.
8.  Loud thumping sounds coming from under my bed.  Cause:  dog hiding and chewing the top off of a sippy cup filled with milk.....causing milk to leak all over the floor under my bed.

I'm going to go to bed now.

2 comments:

Foursons said...

Hahaha- aren't you so glad you got a dog?! Bwahahahaha! I can laugh because I subjected myself to the same thing. :D

Michelle Pixie said...

But they had fun! And really that is all that matters...Well that and Greg should totally clean up the mess. ;-)