Friday, August 6, 2010

Hello From the Basement!

Hi There.

So, I'm in the basement right now.  That's where our computer is.  Because when we moved into our house a long time ago, it seemed SO! BIG! and now that we have two kids, a cat, a dog and a bunch of stuff, it's really not that big anymore and the basement is the only space we have open for a computer.

Anyway, that's where I am at.  And you know what?  It's super lonely.

Usually, when I am updating the world of the internet, I am sitting in the den on the couch, watching TV and typing away on my laptop.  But......my laptop is my work computer, and guess what!?  The hard drive is dying on it.  So I am too afraid to even try to turn it on this weekend, because it could be the last time it ever turns on.  Insert some good news here:  IT guy told me today that the new hard drive finally arrived and he was going to put all my backed up stuff onto it and it should be ready to install Monday morning.  But in the meantime, I must use the computer in the basement.

Because it gets super lonely down here, I tend to do the bare minimum as far as showing you pictures and writing anything because after about 10 minutes, I get to wondering what the heck is going on upstairs, and I end up just shutting down and joining everyone else (except for Quinn.....he hasn't left the basement since we got Trixie.  So he's here).

So my point in that whole long story is this:  I have a couple of new things I'm working on, but 10 minutes only goes so far, so it might be awhile before I finish. 

Don't abandon me!  I couldn't take the rejection.

OK, enough for tonight....I hear fun things going on upstairs and I must go join everyone. 

Happy Weekend!

1 comment:

Michelle Pixie said...

Hope you had a wonderful weekend!