Friday, October 15, 2010

Crafty!

Hello Internet.

So, since I last checked in with you, things have been moving right along, as they tend to do.

My new job is getting better.....I still don't really know what's going on, but I am getting my legs under me and can at least get through the day without someone supervising me 100% of the time.

One girl was sick and had to stay home for two days, but the other one wasn't.  Whew.

And....Greg finally convinced me to turn our "den" into a craft room.

I call it a "den" because in reality, it's just a small room off of our living room that we watched TV in.  And the living room didn't get a lot of use.  But that's how I liked it.  I'm the type of person who thinks your living room is more of a "sit and talk" type of room, rather than a messy room that you watch TV in.  I also have a formal dining room that we eat in about 2 times a year, but....that's how I like it!  Now that we have fewer toys downstairs, and the girls are doing more homework and crafts, it became apparent even to me that the living room was really just a big wasted space.

So I finally relented.

Plus, the idea of a craft room that our computer could be in sounded really cool to me.  I'm pretty sure I've mentioned that our computer was in the basement and that I didn't use it a whole lot because of that.  But now?  Well, the computer's been upstairs now for about 2 hours and I've already been on it more in those 2 hours than I have been in the last week.  Maybe even 2 weeks.

Good or bad?  I haven't decided yet.  But at least I can be on the computer and not feel isolated, and if the girls want to play on it we can supervise a lot more easily.

None of my actual craft stuff is in here yet.....we have to clear off the bookshelves (there are two of them, floor to ceiling and they are full of books) and buy some storage containers, but the desk and craft desk are here and I'm digging it.

So there is my non newsy update for you.  But hopefully you'll be hearing from me a lot more now that my computer and I have joined the land of the living!

Oh and PS:  I read today that Tom Cruise has been givin an offer to come back and film Top Gun 2.  At first I was like "Oh!  I love Top Gun!" and then I was like "Oh.  Maybe not."  I also read something that a friend of a friend on Facebook said:  "Iceman better get on the treadmill".  Which is mean, and I should be the last person to make fun of anyone who is a bit heavy, but I have to admit.  I laughed out loud at that one.

No comments: