Friday, November 28, 2008

Buh Bye Thanksgiving......Hello Christmas!


Only moments after arriving home from our Thanksgiving dinner at my parent's house, our Christmas tree was up! We bought a "life like" (yes - fake) one last year, and let me tell you - I never imagined how much easier it would be than going out and cutting down a real one. I should have listened to my mom! Anyway, along with the tree, all of our other Christmas decorations came out of hiding and are now up and looking festive, all through the house. Fun! I probably won't be saying that in a month when we have to take it all back down again, but for now, it's good.

Besides putting up the decorations, I welcomed the Christmas season in with a bang and got up really really early on Friday and braved the crazy holiday shopping crowds. Elizabeth wanted to come too, and amazingly woke right up at 5:00 when I came in to get her. She did great! But she did tell me that because she came with me this year, she was not going to next year.

No comments: