Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Darn You, Facebook!

So, ever since the Facebook (and whatever the other one was.....can't remember the name, but it's like Facebook) got popular, I always said that I refused to sign up. I mean, I'm getting older....I see the people I want to see and don't really want a bunch of people I don't miss contacting me....blah blah blah.

Well, today, the name of the girl I was roommates with in college popped into my head and I thought "I wonder how she's doing? Does she still live in California? Did she get married?" and I proceeded to google her name on my lunch hour. She has a very very uncommon last name, so I actually found her (or who I figured was her) right away. Because she is on Facebook. So I asked another one of my friends, who I knew had an account to check for a picture so I could decided if it was the same person I used to know. And it was.

I wanted to send her an email or something, but in order to contact her, I found that I also needed to be a member of Facebook. So, in order to contact someone who I haven't spoken to in at least 15 years....someone who might not even want to hear from me.....someone who might not even remember me.....I have officially joined Facebook.



It's official. I have gone off the deep end. It started a few weeks ago when I bought new glasses and the guy selling them to me said "They look good on you - they're very trendy (Wha??? Me??? Trendy??? I must buy them immediately!!!). And it continues with me joining Facebook.

Now, don't anyone get too excited yet.....I haven't taken the time to figure out exactly what it is I'm supposed to be doing on Facebook and I probably won't have time to do much, but I guess you can say that I've finally entered the year 2009.

Go me! I'm so darn trendy I can't even stand it!

1 comment:

Me said...

and then 3 months later she decides to finally write me back... I am so sorry!

I don't really go on FB (obviously) for the same reasons you stated, but have an account. AND I"M SO GLAD I DO!!!!

The rest is already history!

p.s. I can't believe I made your blog before we reconnected... I'm honored!!!