Wednesday, June 24, 2009

We're back!

Hi All. Sorry it's been so long....not that too many people probably noticed. I mean, I don't think there are more than a few of you who read. But anyway.

I'm not sure what the hold up has been. We haven't been any busier than normal, so I suppose I've just been slacking in the update department.

Elizabeth is officially done with first grade. It will be on to second grade in September when school starts again. I'm not exactly sure when that will be, since a 2009-2010 calendar was not provided to us on the last day of school, but I would guess it's the day after Labor Day. Whenever that is. But, there's plenty of time to figure it out. Anyway! She was very excited to finish first grade, but a little sad too - she's going to miss her teacher a lot. Plus, she's a little nervous because her teacher next year has not taught at her school before. So she's never even seen her. But they did a great job placing her with the teacher she had this year, so I am figuring that next year will be a good match too. Oh....one other sad thing: Elizabeth very much wanted to get a backpack with wheels on it for next year. But in the letter her teacher sent home on the last day of school, we read these words: "Please no backpacks with wheels. They don't fit in the lockers.". Oh man!
Elizabeth with her Brilliant Bookworm Award

Alexandra is rolling along about the same as usual. She is still her fiesty, funny self. She keeps telling me she's excited to go to preschool in the fall, and when I ask her if she'll be afraid when mom and dad aren't there with her, she still says "NO!". I'm not so sure though, since she is the one who will hide her face in our legs if we're out and someone looks at her ("someone looked at me, Mommy.").

Alexandra at the Memorial Day Parade


I am off work this week (yay!) and just kind of hanging around the house and keeping the flowers watered. It's been close to 90 all week. HOT!

I will update more later, because I'm sure there will be much to report after Saturday - Elizabeth's 7th birthday! How in the world did she get to be 7? Wow.

Have a wonderful day!

No comments: