Sunday, September 27, 2009

Happy Birthday to Me!

Well, OK, it's not really my birthday yet, but it's getting pretty darn close, so we'll call it good.


Earlier this week, Greg had asked if he could go out for a while (yes, we do ask each other permission to leave the house alone because leaving one parent alone with the kids could potentially turn dangerous - for the parent left behind). Anyway, I asked him if it involved shopping for my birthday gift and when he told me yes, I told him Of course you can go out shopping for my birthday gift! Anytime!


He ended up coming back a while later to get the kids (a bonus early birthday gift?!) and they all left for a pretty long time.


Flashforward to to Saturday......after an incident in which Alexandra announced what my gift was (NO! I did not hear......not sure why, but I didn't) Greg and I were talking about how the kids cannot keep a secret to save their lives. I then started asking questions about the gift: What shape is the box? How heavy is it? Had I said at some point that I wanted one? The suspense was killing me!


So, after about 3 1/2 seconds of trying, he talked me into opening my gift early, saying that it was a pretty useful gift and I might even be able to use it ON my actual birthday. Well, OK. Yay!


This is what I got:






It's a pretty small picture, but you should get the point: I got a new camera!!

It's TOTALLY AWESOME!!

It's much too advanced for me, has more functions than I can possibly use, takes fantastic photographs, and did I mention: it's TOTALLY AWESOME!!

This is one of the first pictures I took with it:



My favorite part about it so far is it blurs backgrounds for me. Oh, my other favorite part is that it will shoot 3 frames per second. Oh, I also like that the colors are so pretty in the picutres. And oh, did I mention: it's TOTALLY AWESOME!!

Happy Birthday to Me! :)

No comments: