Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Elizabeth's Field Trip



Elizabeth's grade took a field trip this week....to Gull Meadow Farms. I'd never been there before, so I was looking forward to going with them.

Plus, who doesn't love to spend an afternoon with 75 unruly 7, 8 and 9 year olds?

Once we got there, we took a hay ride* into the orchard to pick apples. And mingle with the massive amounts of bees. Only one kid got stung!

*giant wagon-like thing with benches and no hay, attached to the back of a tractor.
We also got to eat a very yummy cinnamon donut and drink cider. Except Elizabeth and I don't like cider, so we didn't drink anything at all.

After eating, we got to go to "Pumpkin Lane" where there was a Labyrinth made out of snow fences, crazy displays made with pumpkins (think people with pumpkin heads doing regular people stuff, like being Santa, using an outhouse, etc), and best of all: THE APPLE CHUTE (a slide made out of drainage tubing).





I let Elizabeth and her friend use the very old, not very good, digital camera that I carry in my purse for those "just in case I need a camera when I'm at the grocery store" moments.

They took A LOT of pictures:

Me!

Elizabeth!

Unknown kid!

Elizabeth's favorite part of the day was getting to leave school before dismissal.

Of course!

No comments: