Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Little Miss Underpants

After a whole lot of  heartache, earlier this year, Alexandra finally finished day time potty learning (HA!  Potty learning.  That's the "new" way of saying potty trained, only more politically correct.  I will actually be sticking with potty training, but I had to at least try the learning thing out.).

Short story:  no more diapers during the day.

Of course, I don't remember how old Elizabeth was when she was potty trained (Whew.  That feels better) at night.  But I would imagine she was at least 5.

So, about a month ago, Alexandra started waking up a few mornings a week with a dry diaper.  After a couple of times, Greg told her that if she could go for an entire week without going potty in her diaper at night, she could...........

SLEEP WITH UNDERWEAR ON (insert angels singing here).

Of course, this is such a big girl thing that she was totally interested.

I was skeptical...I mean, she's only 4 years old.  How could she go all night without wetting the bed?  So, I said to Greg:  "No problem with the underwear at night thing, but I'm just telling you right now, if she does wet the bed, YOU get to clean it up at 2:11 in the morning middle of the night."

I know that's not a very supportive mommy thing to say, but in my defense, I really need my uninterrupted beauty sleep, and also, I didn't say it to her - just to Greg.

To Alexandra I said "Wow!  I am so proud of you!  Underwear at night!"

The big night finally arrived last night.  We put our little baby to bed with Tinkerbell underpants on.

And guess what!?

She was dry dry dry! this morning when she woke up.

Way to go Alexandra!  We are so proud of you!!!!

No comments: