A quick, short version of what's happened:
- The kids made a snowman in the backyard.
- Greg and I got to go out to dinner. Without the kids. It was fun.
- We finished our Christmas shopping/dinner planning/decorating/etc.
- Finished sending out last minute Christmas cards (to the people who surprised me with theirs).
- Helped at Alexandra's school Christmas party.
- Helped at Elizabeth's school Christmas party (Greg and I are lucky to still be alive after this event).
For the last couple of years, I've been trying to come up with something to eat on Christmas morning that would become a tradition for our family (you know, like having eggs benedict every Christams. Except, the kids probably wouldn't like them).
Finally, a couple of weeks ago, I came upon the most delicious and easy sounding recipie: Monkey Muffins from The Pioneer Woman.
Side Note: I love love love the The Pioneer Woman. She's funny, has a bunch of kids and lives on a real cattle ranch with her cowboy husband. Plus, she writes really well and has some pretty good stories.
I made a test batch tonight, just to make sure they would be OK for Christmas morning, and oh my goodness.......YUUUUMMMMMMYYYYY. They were very very good. They also have about 1000 calories per muffin, but, who's counting?
The kids both liked them, so I'll be making them again in a few days. Next time I'll use a little less butter (bottoms got a bit crusty) and more sugar (gotta be sweet!). But not bad for my first time out, if I do say so myself.
Later this week, look for a Thank You Very Much post, only with a twist. And if I can find the time, a Letters of Intent post.
Only 4 more days until Christmas! And even more exciting: only 2 more (well, 1 1/2 if I'm honest) working days left for this year!