Sunday, January 31, 2010

I.Am.So.Tired.

Well, it's been a rough few days here at the Thornton household.

Elizabeth was home from school Thursday because she had an ear infection.  Again.  So, we made another trip to the doctor.  Again. 

I have been to the pediatrician's office more this year (it's STILL JANUARY) than I did for the last 6 months of 2009.

Anyway, she was back at school Friday.  Then by Friday night, Alexandra was coughing and hacking, and had a fever by Saturday.  No big deal, I thought.  I gave her some motrin and cough medicine before she went to sleep. 

And then.  All hell broke loose.

She was screaming for me at 11....we ran into her room to find the best gift a parent could ever get:  she had thrown up!  In her bed!  And on herself!

So, we cleaned her up (she had to have a shower to remove everything from her hair), changed her bed (I keep more than one sheet/mattress protector on her bed specifially for this purpose - I can just tear the set off to wash and viola!  There's another clean set right underneath) and put her back to sleep.

And then.  We did it all over again at 3.

And at 5.

Of course, everytime I heard her coughing (which was about, oh, every 28 seconds), I woke up expecting to hear her calling for me.  So today, I am very very very very tired.

Because I haven't worked an entire week since Christmas because either a kid or I have been sick at least one day every week, Greg's parents are coming to take care of Sicky McGee tomorrow.  Yay!  I get to go to work and relax!  I can't wait!

So, please think healthy, feel good thoughts for us here.  We need 'em!

No comments: