Friday, September 11, 2009

There She Goes

There she goes, running down the sidewalk to her first day of preschool.


I almost cried as I was following her. She was so excited! And brave, after what happened the other day.


She was shy when we first went inside, and wouldn’t leave my side. But once free time started, and she realized how fun it could be, she relaxed a bit. By the end of the class, she was following directions and listening, and looking really excited about everything the teacher talked about.


There was another boy there who cried when he wasn’t right by his mom and dad, and I think that helped Alexandra. Now she knows she’s not the only one who was nervous and scared.


We will see how it goes Monday, when I drop her off and leave. She’ll probably do better than I will – I hope! There’s nothing worse than dropping your kids off somewhere and they’re crying and reaching for you. But I will think positively and not worry about it just yet.


Congratulations Alexandra! You are such a big girl and we are so proud of you! Way to go – YOU DID IT!


Your first day of school.

No comments: