I do realize that Thanksgiving was actually two days ago, but.....it's been a rough week around here and I've been running late for just about everything since Monday.
I didn't have to work this week and had all sorts of PLANS for getting stuff done because I would be home alone for 4 of the 5 days! But then.....well, you know. Alexandra got sick, the babysitter needed Wednesday off, I forgot that she gets the day after Thanksgiving off and all of a sudden it's Saturday night and I'm sitting on the couch, typing and watching "Footloose".
And the stacks of pictures I was going to organize are still piled up, the laundry still isn't put away, and my bedroom is still really dusty.
But, on happier notes:
- We had a great Thanksgiving here (for the first time!) with Grandma, Aunt Betty and Uncle David.
- I got my bi weekly grocery shopping done Friday evening, and it wasn't even busy and they weren't out of anything!
- I got to go rollerskating for the first time in, oh, about 32 years. And the only time I fell down was when Elizabeth crashed into me and knocked me over.
- I got the be in charge of Elizabeth's classroom Thanksgiving Feast when the mom who was supposed to be in charge didn't come. It gave me a chance to boss a bunch (read: more than 3) of people around all at once - something I haven't had the chance to do in a really long time. And even better: they all listened to me!
- We put our Christmas decorations up.
I will be back to work on Monday, so I should be a lot more relaxed and have time to write more once that happens (As Greg said the other day: "You need to go back to work so you can get some rest and time to yourself!").