Monday, January 11, 2010

2010 - What Are YOU Planning on Accomplishing?

Well, here we are.......at the beginning of a brand new year (and new decade too!) and that means it's time to set those New Year Resolutions!

You know.....those promises you make to yourself, only to break them 3 weeks later?  Yeah.  Those.

So, what are your resolutions?  In case you need help coming up with some, I'll tell you what mine are.

*Just so you know.....I'm sitting in the den.  I had to get up and go look at my calendar - where I had written my list - to remind myself what mine were.  So, as you can see, I'm really on top of mine.

  • Eat Healthier.  An old stand by.  Typically, I seesaw throughout the year - sometimes I'm all "I can't believe you eat that stuff" to Greg and other times I'm like "Give me some of that junk right away!".  So far, I have failed miserably here.  But, there's always tomorrow, right?
  • Exercise More.  Again, another old stand by.  I am not sure why I have trouble here - we have a weight machine, free weights, exercise balls and mat and a treadmill downstairs.  I don't even have to leave my house to exercise.  Yet.......again........I am failing miserably.
  • Scrapbook More.  This is hard.  I love to pull all my stuff out and make pretty pages.  But it just falls to the side when I have so.many.other.things.to.do.  Every day.  The scrapbook store by our house closed at the end of the year too, so now I don't have a place to go on Friday nights and just get things done.  But hey!  On the flip side of that, I now have to drive clear across town to go to a scrapbook store, which means I will hardly ever never go, which means $$ saved.  Boo Ya!  Hey, I think I have managed to turn this one into a positive!  Finally!  I'm not a failure!
  • Try two new recipies a month.  Yay!  Another one I've been successful at.  So far, so good!  Yesterday was spicy beef and broccoli stir fry.....tomorrow is chicken and asparagus stir fry.
  • I am contemplating adding this new one:  Run a 3K this summer.  Yes, it's been forever since I have acutally run anywhere (wait.  Have I ever run anywhere?  Not sure....can't remember).  Yes, it's been a very long time since I've been on the treadmill.  No, I have never run in a race, ever.  But!  Before you laugh (or at least hear me out when you're done laughing because you already started), I am thinking that if I have a goal out there that I am accountable to meet I might be able to do it.  I have a good start:  I actually googled "How to run a 5K when you've never run before" about 1/2 an hour ago and found some good information.  So, we'll see.  Maybe I'll photoshop some pictures of some awesome looking runners - you know.....add my head to their running body and hang them on my fridge.  That will help, won't it?
Whew. 

Well, I'm not sure about you, but just typing those crazy words about running a 5K have completely exhausted me and now I must go to bed.

Oh, and for those of you who are interested, Elizabeth is still sick.  Her cough was worse this morning (imagine that!) so I took her to the doctor, who gave us a prescription for something to help, and the words "if she doesn't sound any better in a couple of days, give us a call and we'll call in to the pharmacy for the steroids".  Sweet!  And, the hives returned with a vengance again tonight.  Greg told me she said the other day "I wish I didn't cough all the time".  Poor kid.

Anyway.  I'm tired and will be going to be now.

See you tomorrow!

No comments: