Man, have things been hectic around here. I swear - everything calms down for a few days, and than all of a sudden: BAM! We're hit with so.many.things.to.do. All it once it seems.
Things were finally sort of quiet here tonight; Greg took the girls to his dad's house and I cleaned (you would have been AMAZED (in a bad way) at the number of dirty dishes in my sink!). Usually, we keep up on the messes and laundry pretty well throughout the week, but not this week.
Things are in order again though, the sink is empty, the bathrooms and floors are clean, and I am feeling much better.
So you know how I posted about me the other day when I won my MAJOR AWARD from Momma Pixie? Well, I had a REALLY hard time coming up with 5 things to say about myself. The adoption thing came right away, but I had to really think for the othe 4. I wanted to be interesting and somewhat personal, but not too personal.
Of course, about an hour after I hit the "publish post" button, I thought of a whole bunch more stuff about myself. And since I don't have it in me to go through the entire last week, I am going to entertain you with more ME!
- I am a cover stealing, kicking, thrashing bed hog. I like my space when I am sleeping, and I am not afraid to take it from Greg violently, if necessary. Of course, I remember none of this in the mornings and sometimes wonder why he looks at me like I am evil, but, I can't help it. Oh. Sometimes I snore too.
- I cannot STAND to hear people chew their gum. Unfortunately, two of the three members of my family chew gum LOUDLY. When I hear it I want to rip the gum from their mouths. Thankfully (or maybe not? You decide.....) Alexandra almost always swallows her gum 3 minutes after we give it to her, and she does not chew it loudly. She does not get gum very often.
- Bushy, unkept eyebrows bug me. Ask Greg: I will comment on people's eyebrows 10 times more than on any other part of their body or person, no matter what they're wearing or what type of crazy plastic surgery they've had. If their eyebrows are bad, I'll notice them first.
- I am concerned about boogers - I check my own nose several times throughout the day to make sure I don't have any (I keep an old motorcycle mirror someone at work gave me in one of my desk drawers for this), and I will pick my kids' noses for them if they have them. My mom likes to tease me because even as I was in pain and not feeling well at all right after my c-section with Elizabeth, she had a booger and I picked it as soon as it appeared. Elizabeth - not my mom.
- I drive too fast. Even though I've gotten more speeding tickets than anyone else I know. I got a letter from the State of Michigan one time telling me that I was in the top 10% of bad drivers.
- I have known my best friend since I was 14 years old. We still talk and see each other pretty regularly. Fortunately, we only live about 20 minutes away from each other.
- I loved the movie "The Hangover". I know it's juvenile and raunchy, but.........
- I have a juvenile and raunchy sense of humor.
- I swear way too much. Not in front of the kids though. Unless you count that one time when Elizabeth was about 3 and she dropped a completely full gallon jug of milk on the kitchen floor and it splashed so much it was even on the ceiling.
- I am legally blind without glasses or contacts. I have worn hard contact lenses since I was in the 3rd grade and my glasses are so thick and heavy that if I wear them for too long my ears and nose ache.
For now, it's time to put the girls to bed and then sit on the couch and perhaps enjoy an adult beverage while watching some bad TV. Then it will be off to my own bed where I will kick and punch my husband and then steal all his covers.