Monday, February 8, 2010

Bah, Humbug!

Yeah, yeah. I know it’s not Christmas, which is when the phrase “Bah, Humbug” is traditionally used, but you know what? That’s how I feel, so I’m gonna go ahead and say it anyway.

Why am I feeling Bah Humbuggy? Well, let me tell you.

First off, I know many, many people have it a lot worse than I do. I know that. But you know what? I think I deserve to be whiny and complainy every once in a while. It’s good for me. Kind of like doctor’s appointments. They’re good for you, yet oh so annoying.

Anyway, back to my whiny and complainy. To make it easy on you though, and to prove that I do realize I don’t have it that bad, I’ll try to balance the bad with some good.

Let’s see…….to begin with, I am pretty sure someone in my house has been sick constantly from January 1st until now. Literally. I have been to the pediatrician’s more this year already than the entire 2nd half of 2009. The girls are taking so many medications right now that we have “Mom’s pharmacy time” every morning and every night. “Mom’s pharmacy time” is where I line all the kid’s medications up on the counter, call them into the kitchen, and start administering drugs to them, assembly line style. Because of all this illness, I have missed a ton of work already this year, and so has Greg.

Insert good thing here: Fortunately, my mom and Greg’s parents are willing to help out when they can, but sometimes, only Mama or Daddy will do. And, thankfully, my work is very understanding and has not had any issues with my being gone. WHEW. Thank you Work!

Insert another good thing here: Fortunately, we don’t have sucky health insurance this year, so it hasn’t cost us nearly as much for all of these visits as they would have had this been last year.

**************************************

Okie Dokie…..moving on to the next thing……something is going on with my eyes. As you may or may not know, I wear gas permeable (hard) contacts because my eyes are SO BAD. For some reason though, lately my eyes have really been bothering me. They feel tired and sore all the time, and if I wear my contacts for more than a little while, they start to feel pretty uncomfortable. Now, I did get new glasses last year, and even though they’re trendy and stylish (yeah, right), wearing them is not the same as wearing my contacts. I can’t see as well as I can with my contacts, and I have to admit, I look somewhat dorky with them on. Is there something actually wrong with my eyes? Am I just getting old? What he heck?

Insert good thing here: Hmmmmm……sorry, there is no good thing here. Gotta be able to see…..need contacts (which hurt), glasses (which don’t work well enough) or lasik (too afraid of) to do so. So, I’m going with nothing good here.

**************************************
Lastly, I am so stinkin’ tired ALL.THE.TIME. Partly because someone is always sick at my house (see above!), partly because there are not enough hours in the day to get everything done that I need to get done, partly because there are not enough hours in the day to get everything done that I want to get done (so I have to stay up late to do them), and partly because no matter how well I plan and/or scheme, all of my time and energy is taken up by two small people who can be very draining. I swear – it’s impossible for me to start and then finish one thing at home. I am always redirected. And you know what? It’s exhausting.

Insert good thing here: I love my girls, and they are fantastic. They will be young for a much shorter time than they will be grown up, and I try very hard to appreciate them now. Before they won’t have anything to do with me as teenagers.

**************************************
Alrighty. I am sure if I thought hard enough, I could come up with more whiny and complainy things to whine and complain about, but you know what? I’m going to try and turn over a new leaf tomorrow. Enough complaining. Back to my normal, happy self.

Happy Day!

1 comment:

Michelle Pixie said...

I hope things turn a corner for you soon! We've been fighting a constant runny nose around here too. One is getting over the last one and another one is bringing some new germ home. Spring can't get here soon enough!! Just try to breathe and not fill your plate with too much. ;)